Rob Lowe, who at the moment stars as Owen Strand on 9-1-1: Lone Star, remembers the wake-up name he had when it got here to his eating regimen. “I might say in my mid-30s, I got here to that second that all of us do. [I realized] I can’t eat the best way I’ve been consuming since I’m a youngster and look the best way [I] need to look,” he mentioned. “I began consuming a low-carb low sugar manner of consuming. Discover I don’t say eating regimen—it’s a way of life.”
Partnering with The Atkins Diet, the 56-year-old has been a straightforward match for him. “It’s been nice speaking to individuals about how they eat and the perfect years of your life—which is in your 50s—and proceed to eat proper,” he shares. “I just like the plan as a result of it’s fairly intuitive. I feel individuals know once they’re placing one thing good of their our bodies.”
What’s his finest recommendation for following Atkins? Lowe informed Parade.com his 6 tips about the best way to incorporate the Atkins eating regimen into your life.
Rob Lowe’s Atkins Recommendation
- Progress not perfection: “To start with, the primary factor is to understand that it’s progress and never perfection. You don’t ever have to be excellent consuming this fashion. Cheat days are high quality.”
- Maintain it easy: For Lowe, the simplicity of the plan is essential. “That’s what I like about it. There’s not quite a lot of—are you able to eat this; are you able to eat that? In the event you bear in mind to chop the carbs, in case you bear in mind to chop the sugar, you’re high quality.”
- Use the instruments: “We simply printed The Atkins 100 Eating Solution (Lowe wrote the foreword), there are nice recipes there. There’s additionally the Atkins app—it’s free.”
- Plan your meals: “You should use the app to plan your meals to get you thru the day.”
- Wholesome snacking: “All the time have a wholesome snack readily available. In the event you let your self get too hungry, your self-discipline wanes. I’ll all the time have nuts round or an Atkins bar if I’m hungry throughout the day.”
- Discover your “victories:” Lowe mentioned that he doesn’t get obsessive if he doesn’t adhere to his plan all the time. “For lunch, I hold it easy. Possibly a pleasant Caesar salad, I don’t get loopy if there’s dairy. I’m consuming a salad, let’s take our victories.”
Take a look at these low-carb and keto ice cream recipes.